Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Panthers, Saints
NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Giants, Packers, Panthers, Saints
- ESPN’s Jordan Raanan does not think the Giants will invest their first-round pick in an offensive tackle given they have selected three tackles in the first round in the last five years.
- However, Raanan could see New York signing a top left tackle in free agency or make a “big splash” through a trade and mentions Cincinnati’s Andrew Whitworth or Cleveland’s Joe Thomas as possible targets.
- ESPN’s Rob Demovsky expects the Packers to release CB Sam Shields, who hasn’t played since Week 1 because of a concussion, this offseason.
- Demovsky mentions that this move will free up $9 million of cap room for the Packers but could lead to them using their first-round pick on a cornerback.
- David Newton of ESPN could see the Panthers signing a left tackle in free agency since LT Michael Oher‘s future with the team remains unclear at this point in time.
- ESPN’s Mike Triplett writes it’s “almost certain” that the Saints will sign a right defensive end to play opposite of Cameron Jordan.
- Triplett mentions that this year’s draft class is stocked with capable edge rushers but that they could explore the idea of signing an elite pass rusher through free agency.
Tags Andrew Whitworth Cameron Jordan Dorial Green-Beckham Joe Thomas Jordan Matthews Michael Oher Nelson Agholor Robert Griffin III Sam Shields Tyrod Taylor