- Brian Hoyer continues to look much more comfortable and has been more effective than Johnny Manziel. (Jason La Canfora)
- Johnny Manziel did finished on a high note Monday during red-zone work. (Jason La Canfora)
- HC Ron Rivera seemed to suggest that Mike Tolbert will continue to handle the team’s goal-line work this season.
“The biggest thing that we want for him is to continue to maintain that weight and he maintains an effective play,” Rivera said, via Jonathan Jones of the Charlotte Observer. “We don’t want him to lose that nose for the goal line that he has. A lot of times he’s our fourth-down, go-to guy. He’s our crunch-time guy. That’s why it’s important for him to be in shape and be ready to go.”
- Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie compared first-round pick Khalil Mack to Packers OLB Clay Matthews. (Vic Tafur)
“He’s reminded me of Clay Matthews from Day 1,” McKenzie said. “He’s one of those guys that knows how to set the edge, and he has length and power and some tools to rush the passer.
“He’s got that first step, he can bend, he’s relentless.“
- Fourth-round pick WR Kevin Norwood has reportedly looked “sensational.” (Terry Blount)