HC Lovie Smith seemed to confirm that Mike Glennon will be the team’s backup quarterback this season.
“Mike will have a role on our team. The backup quarterback plays an important [role],” Smith said. “Not only that, Mike will also be our second holder. Little things like that that we’ll ask him to do. But whatever we ask him to do, he’ll do it well.”
- While Ladarius Green will be featured more in the Chargers’ offense this season, veteran Antonio Gates “will remain the most targeted tight end on San Diego’s roster.” (Eric D. Williams)
- WR Jordy Nelson is “unquestionably the No. 1 wide receiver” for the Packers. (Bob McGinn)
- Meanwhile, WR Randall Cobb has made “almost no eye-catching plays” in training camp. (Bob McGinn)
- Second-round pick WR Davante Adams could turn out to be better as a slot receive. (Bob McGinn)
- Ravens backup QB Tyrod Taylor has impressed in training camp, which could lead to Baltimore sticking with him. (Ian Rapoport)
- Former Ravens CB Chris Johnson is retiring from the NFL. (Aaron Wilson)