- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the recent Twitter rant from Miko Grimes, the wife of Buccaneers CB Brent Grimes, in which she made anti-Semitic remarks about Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and executive Mike Tannenbaum on Monday has upset Buccaneers’ ownership, who happens to be Jewish.
- Cole says that ownership is not happy and it’s at least a possibility it could impact the employment status of her husband.
Jaguars owner Shad Khan says that Jacksonville fans have “suffered long enough” and he’s looking for better results in 2016.
“I think we’ve suffered long enough,” Khan said during a phone interview with USA TODAY. “It’s been painful.”
Khan made it clear that the expectations are that the team will improve their record in 2016.
“I’m not saying, ‘If we win, this is the blueprint for everybody.’ It’s the blueprint for us,” Khan said. “Now, we have the talent in place, and I think if you are a Jaguars fan, you should be excited and you should have some expectations that we’re going to be a sustainable, winning organization now.
“I have expectations that not only are we going to be better, but we’re going to be sustainable and this isn’t going to be a flash in the pan where we’re just going to flame out.”
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee decided to extend the deadline to make a recommendation on a new stadium in Las Vegas until August.
- According to Cole, the committee is still expected to recommend that public money be set aside to build the stadium in Las Vegas. Cole adds that the committee is likely to meet the $750 million in public contributions that the Raiders and the NFL are looking for as part of this agreement.
- Ultimately, the final decision will be made by the governor of Nevada.