“For me, it was very important,” Houston said, via the Kansas City Star. “I like Coach Reid a lot. He’s a great coach. He helped motivate me, pushed me to become a better player. So any time you get around that type of coach, you love to play for him.”
Houston added that he plans to keep pushing to get better, even after he received a $100 million extension.
“The work I put in,” Houston said. “Once you get paid, it’s not like you won the lottery. You’ve still got work to do, prove yourself. You still can get better each and every day. So that’s my goal.”
- Todd Archer of ESPN writes that the Cowboys will likely pick up $5.823 million in available cap space after signing Dez Bryant to a new five-year extension.
- According to Archer, the most logical Cowboys players to target for a possible extension is DT Tyrone Crawford.
- Another extension candidate for Dallas could be C Travis Frederick, according to Archer.
- Dan Graziano expects the Giants to hold off on signing CB Prince Amukamara to a contract extension until after the season.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter points out that DE Cameron Heyward‘s new six-year, $59.25 million extension makes him the second highest-paid Steeler, behind only QB Ben Roethlisberger.