Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, Ravens, Steelers & Titans
NFL Notes: Chiefs, Dolphins, Jaguars, Raiders, Ravens, Steelers & Titans
- Michael DiRocco of ESPN lists DE Tyson Alualu, LB J.T. Thomas, RB Jordan Todman and FB Will Ta’ufo’ou as players he expects the Jaguars to “try” and re-sign this offseason.
- According to DiRocco, Alualu could be the team’s top priority, but that there are no players that “must” be re-signed.
- DiRocco believes WR Cecil Shorts and TE Marcedes Lewis will be out of Jacksonville this offseason.
- DiRocco expects the Jaguars to pursue a tight end in free agency, and mentions that they should “have a chance” to sign Julius Thomas should he reach the open market.
- Jaguars are expected to place high priority on finding a right tackle during free agency or the 2015 NFL Draft.
- C Stefen Wisniewski is viewed as the Raiders only priority to re-sign this offseason, but there remains a chance that he tests the open market. (Bill Williamson)
- Jamison Hensley of ESPN believes the Ravens have no one on their staff who could replace OC Gary Kubiak should he depart for a head coaching job.
- Hensley writes there is a “good chance” the Raven’s re-sign RB Justin Forsett, and draft a running back after the first round has passed.
- Hensley believes “the odds just don’t favor” the Ravens retaining OLB Pernell McPhee, as his market demands are likely to be higher than they can afford.
- Scott Brown of ESPN believes the Steelers will draft a cornerback and a safety early in the 2015 NFL Draft.
- Signing RE Cameron Heyward to a long-term deal will be one of the Steelers “top priorities” this offseason.
- Brown believes the Steelers will not offer OLB Jason Worilds the amount of money he’s looking for.
- According to Brown, re-signing CB Brice McCain will also be one of the Steelers’ top priorities this offseason.
- Paul Kuharsky of ESPN believes the Titans will not replace either of their coordinators this offseason.
- Kuharsky thinks the Titans trading down from the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft is the “route to go” should they find interest from teams selecting in the No. 6 – 10 range.
Tags Brice McCain Cameron Heyward Cecil Shorts Cortland Finnegan Dannell Ellerbe Dwayne Bowe J.T Thomas Jason Worilds Jordan Todman Julius Thomas Justin Forsett Marcedes Lewis Matt Moore Pernell McPhee Shelley Smith Stefen Wisniewski Tyson Alualu Will Ta'ugo'ou