- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out C Mitch Morse (foot), G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (knee) and OLB Dee Ford (back) for Week 5’s game.
- According to ESPN’s Stephania Bell, Raiders QB Derek Carr (back) could return as soon as Week 6 for their game against the Chargers.
- The Raiders had EJ Manuel taking the first-team reps on Friday with Carr working as their No. 2 quarterback and Connor Cook as the No. 3 option. (Michael Gehlken)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey told reporters on Friday that QB Marcus Mariota (questionable will be a game-time decision in Week 4. (Ian Rapoport)
- Mariota did, however, say that he’s optimistic about playing on Sunday. (Terry McCormick)
Vikings QB Sam Bradford said the bone bruise in his knee is feeling “much better” this week
“It feels much better this week compared to what it did two weeks ago when I was on the practice field,” Bradford said, via Ben Goessling of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
Bradford added that things are going according to plan in regards to his recovery.
“Going down there and talking to Dr. Andrews, obviously, he’s seen a million different knee injuries,” Bradford said. “He’s dealt with people who have had multiple ACL tears, and some of the things they’ve dealt with after having those tears in their knees. After talking to him and getting a greater understanding of what was going on and what’s going to happen in the future, I think it was definitely good news down there. It was comforting knowing that if things go according to plan, it should be something that eventually goes away.”