Archer suggests that the contract the Seahawks signed CB Cary Williams to — a three-year, $18 million deal that included $7 million guaranteed — could make sense for both parties, seeing as they could keep Carr while reducing his cap figures in the process.
- Raiders signed Louisville RB Michael Dyer. (Bill Williamson)
Redskins OLB Ryan Kerrigan mentioned that talks regarding a long-term extension are “progressing well,” per Tarik El-Bashir.
Kerrigan added that he hopes to have an agreement in place at some point in the near future.
- According to McCloughan, they are “very close” to an agreement with No. 5 overall pick OL Brandon Scherff. (Tom Schad)
- McCloughan mentioned that there’s a “good chance” a deal will be in place with Scherff by the end of mini-camp. (Tom Schad)
- Steelers signed RB Cameron Stingily and DL Mike Thornton after they tried out for the team this past weekend.
- Steelers released DT Nigel Crawford-Kinney, P Richie Leone and DE Bradon Prate.