- Ken Ritter of the Associated Press reports that former NFL player Darren Sharper has been charged with rape in Las Vegas.
- Sharper is already facing sexual assault charges in Los Angeles, New Orleans and the Phoenix area.
- Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills were giving “serious thought” to signing TE Jermaine Gresham before it was discovered that he has a herniated disc that will require surgery.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Raiders gave RB Trent Richardson a two-year contract worth $3.45 million that includes $600,000 fully guaranteed.
- The agreement can be worth a total of $3.85 million with per-game roster bonuses being factored in, according to Caplan.
Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com offers his top-five options for the Ravens back up quarterback position.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Ravens met with Sacramento State WR DeAndre Carter.