- Adam Schefter reports that Tennessee DE Derek Barnett is sick and will not participate in drills. According to Schefter, the NFL and teams are hoping Barnett recovers from what is being called a “virus” in time to participate in Sunday’s workouts.
Jets GM Mike Maccagnan told reporters at the combine that they won’t make a decision on Decker until he has recovered from shoulder and hip surgeries.
“Right now, Eric is under contract,” Maccagnan said Friday. “Our goal is to get him healthy and then kind of evaluate how he comes back off the injuries and go from there.”
However, a source tells Manish Mehta that it wouldn’t be surprising to see them release Decker once he passes a physical.
Free agent DB Micah Hyde mentioned that he would like to be back with the Packers.
“It’s obvious I would love to be back in Green Bay,” Hyde said, via ESPN.com. “The people there, the organization, the coaches, my teammates. It’s been a blessing to be there the last four years, so I would love to continue to be there for many years to come.”
- Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers aren’t close to re-signing any of their free agents right now and may have to wait until close to the start of free agency next week.
- Dulac mentions that some free agents such as veteran LB Lawrence Timmons are likely to test the open market and gauge their value.
- Ian Rapoport mentions that free agent OLB Jarvis Jones will have a decent market.
- A source tells Chris Tomasson that free agent RB Matt Asiata plans to test the market in free agency and there isn’t a “high probability” of him returning to the Vikings next year.