According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross declined to respond when asked if HC Joe Philbin will finish the season as coach.
Jackson writes that while an in-season coaching change remains a possibility, an issue for the Dolphins front office is that they aren’t believed to be enamored with the idea of any of their top assistants becoming interim coach.
Another issue is that Dolphins’ players privately grumbled about the “length and intensity” of a recent practice.
- Eagles HC Chip Kelly said that LB Kiko Alonso is still in Florida rehabbing with Dr. James Andrews. (Ian Rapoport)
- As of now, Alonso has yet to decide whether or not to undergo surgery, but he’ll obviously miss Week 4’s game. (Ian Rapoport)
Joel Corry points out that the Saints will need to make a quick decision regarding QB Drew Brees next year, as $10.875 million of $19.75 million 2016 base salary becomes guaranteed on third day of waiver period.
- Saints HC Sean Payton mentioned during a conference call that Brees will throw every day to strengthen his shoulder. (Katherine Terrell)
- Payton said that they’re still looking to improve the roster, and specifically brought up their lack of depth at tight end. (Katherine Terrell)
- Ed Werder reports that Texans HC Bill O’Brien doesn’t expect to make a final decision on RB Arian Foster‘s (groin) until after pregame warmups on Sunday.