Home 49ers NFL Notes: Draft, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks
- While most teams reportedly “love” Alabama DL Da’Ron Payne as a player, sources have told Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com that they feel as though he’s a two-down defender and doesn’t offer much as a pass rusher.
- According to Pauline, Delaware DL Bilal Nichols is moving up draft boards and has had workouts for the Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Lions, Texans, Dolphins, Patriots and Colts. He is also drawing interest from the Steelers and Jets.
- Temple DL Jullian Taylor has pre-draft visits coming up with the Packers, Falcons and Titans this week and worked out for the Colts and Jets in recent days.
- Pauline reports that South Florida DT Bruce Hector is drawing “a lot of interest” from the Bills, Vikings and Panthers.
- The Broncos are hosting Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield for a pre-draft visit next week. (Troy Renck)
- Middle Tennessee WR Richie James is taking a top 30 visit to Tennessee and meeting with the Titans after recently visiting with the Steelers. (Tony Pauline)
- Penn State OL Brendan Mahon has an official visit scheduled with the Chargers for Monday. (Tony Pauline)
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at some 49ers’ players best positioned to make a leap in 2018.
- Barrows’ list includes WR Kendrick Bourne, G Josh Garnett, TE Cole Hikutini, LB Elijah Lee, CB Greg Mabin, OL Erik Magnuson, DE/OLB Pita Taumoepenu, OT Darrell Williams and RB Joe Williams.
- According to Mike Jurecki, the Cardinals like Wyoming QB Josh Allen “a lot.“
- Jurecki adds that Arizona would trade up for Allen “in a heartbeat.”
- As for RB Kerwynn Williams, who is signing with the Chiefs (NFLTR), Jurecki says that he was still on the Cardinals’ radar and there were other teams willing to sign him after the draft, but the Chiefs wanted to get a deal done before then.
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times takes a look at some potential draft fits for the Seahawks if they end up selecting a quarterback this year.
- Condotta lists Washington State’s Luke Falk, Houston’s Kyle Allen and Richmond’s Kyle Lauletta as three names worth keeping an eye on for Seattle.