- Tony Pauline reports that the Patriots worked out UConn WR Geremy Davis on Friday.
- Redskins GM Scot McCloughan attended the Pro Day for Washington State QB Connor Halliday. (Jacob Thorpe)
According to Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, there’s talk that veteran QB Jason Campbell has been considering retirement.
Cincinnati signed Josh Johnson to a contract earlier in the week, so they do have some depth at the position with A.J. McCarron on their roster as well.
- While GM Doug Whaley said that they plan to prioritize an extension for DT Marcell Dareus, Josina Anderson reports that no formal offer has been made by the Bills up to this point.
- Todd Archer of ESPN writes that most of the cap savings from reworking QB Tony Romo‘s contract will go DE Greg Hardy in the form of bonuses as well as their 2015 rookie class.
- Archer specially mentions that Dallas did not make this move to sign WR Dez Bryant to a long-term contract.
- Archer expects CB Brandon Carr to remain on their roster, but most likely not at his current salary of $8 million.
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com writes that one of the reasons why the Lions are not pursuing free agent DT C.J. Mosley could be related to his suspension from marijuana possession while in London.