Home Bills NFL Notes: Draft, Bills, Buccaneers, Falcons & Texans
- According to Rand Getlin, many teams believe that Georgia RB Todd Gurley will be the top selected running back in the NFL Draft if his knee is determined to be healthy.
- Minnesota RB David Gobb will hold his own workout on April 13 to perform the 40-yard dash and position drills, now that he is fully recovered from a left-quadricep strain that he suffered during the combine. (Chris Tomasson)
- According to Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News, WR Sammy Watkins was diagnosed to have a “slight” labrum tear, and underwent surgery around the time the Super Bowl was played.
- Carucci adds that Watkins will not be ready by the time OTAs come around, but should be healthy in time for training camp.
- Washington DT Danny Shelton was put through an “exhausting workout” by the Buccaneers‘ defensive line coaches during his school’s Pro Day on Friday. (Gil Brandt)
- Brandt notes that Shelton was fatigued by the end of the workout, but credits that he “fought” through it.
- Michael Giardi reports that free agent G Dan Connolly visited with Tampa Bay, but left without receiving a contract. However, there is still “mutual interest” from both parties.
- Gil Brandt reports that Old Dominion QB Taylor Heinicke will meet with the Falcons on Tuesday, April 7.
- Duke WR Jamison Crowder worked out for the Texans on Friday. (Rand Getlin)