- According to Dave Birkett, Michigan DL Chris Wormley has visits lined up with the Ravens and Lions and will work out for the Eagles and Panthers.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Texas Southern WR Derrick Griffin met with the Redskins and 49ers on Sunday.
- Mary Kay Cabot, citing a league source, reports that the Browns will conduct a private workout with UNC QB Mitch Trubisky on Friday.
- Cabot mentions that the Browns are “strongly considering” Trubisky with their No. 12 overall pick, as they are set to draft Texas A&M pass rusher Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall.
- Cabot admits that the Browns may have to trade up from No. 12 overall to get Trubisky.
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald has spoken to multiple sources who have said that the Dolphins will not draft Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon.
“Zero percent chance,” one person with knowledge of the team’s thinking told Salguero.
- Field Yates of ESPN reports that Jonathan Stewart‘s new contract extension will allow him to earn up to $9.5 million over the next two seasons.
- The contract has a base value of $8 million and includes $1.1 million fully guaranteed at signing with a $2.5 million roster bonus set to be paid out on Tuesday.
- The Panthers picked up $2.075 million of cap space with this move, as it reduced Stewart’s 2017 cap figure from $8.25 million to $6.175 million.
- In 2017, Stewart will make a base salary of $1.1 million fully guaranteed to go along with a $250,000 workout bonus and $25,000 in per-game roster bonuses.
- In 2018, Stewart has a $1 million roster bonus due on the first day of the league year to go along with a $1.9 million base salary, a $250,000 workout bonus and $37,500 in per-game roster bonuses.
- There are also incentives included in the contract which amount to $250,000 for 825 yards, $350,000 for 900 yards, $500,000 for 1,000 yards and $750,000 for 1,100 yards.