- Florida State DE Mario Edwards Jr said he has a private workout scheduled with the Panthers on Wednesday. Edwards met with the Cowboys last week. (Alex Marvez)
- Utah S Brian Blechen has private workouts with five teams scheduled including the Browns, Texans, Bengals, Lions, and Eagles. (Dane Brugler)
Cowboys QB Tony Romo mentioned that he was willing to restructure his contract in order to keep RB DeMarco Murray in Dallas next year.
“DeMarco ended up asking me, ‘Why don’t you take a pay cut?‘” Romo said during an appearing on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas on Tuesday, via ESPN.com. “I was like, ‘I will. I will take a pay cut to go do this.’ I was like, ‘They’re going to restructure me and the whole thing,’ that’s the same thing in some ways just for salary-cap purposes. He was like, ‘OK, now we’re back to being friends.’ ‘You’re really worried about me? I would take $5 million less if it meant getting you back’. He knew that.”
It’s worth mentioning that a contract restructure and a pay cut aren’t always the same thing.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are bringing in a number of receivers, linebackers, and defensive backs for pre-draft visits.
- The list of receiver prospects reportedly includes: DeVante Parker (Louisville), Sammy Coates (Auburn), George Farmer (USC), Phillip Dorsett (Miami), and Reshad Greene (FSU).
- Miami will meet with linebacker prospects including: Vic Beasley (Clemson), Ramik Wilson (Georgia), Jake Ryan (Michigan), Denzel Perryman (Miami), and Stephone Anthony (Clemson).
- Here’s the list of defensive backs: Eric Rowe (Utah), Gerod Holliman (Louisville), Charles Gaines (Louisville), and Cedric Thompson (Minnesota).
- The Patriots held a private workout with Duke WR Jamison Crowder last week. (USA Today)