Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Gareon Conley, Browns, Giants, Redskins
NFL Notes: Gareon Conley, Browns, Giants, Redskins
- Ian Rapoport reports that Raiders first-round CB Gareon Conley met with Cleveland police on Monday and submitted a DNA sample while providing a voluntary statement regarding the rape allegations made against him a few weeks ago.
- Conley’s lawyer, Kevin Spellacy, tells Rapoport that it will be six to eight weeks before his legal situation is resolved and reviewed by a county prosecutor.
- Conley’s lawyer added Conley and his accuser had a “consensual” sexual event that night and “her version is not accurate,” per Rapoport.
- Mike Silver confirms that Browns HC Hue Jackson and DC Gregg Williams both wanted the team to draft Myles Garrett with the No. 1 overall pick while some in the team’s front office considered taking Mitch Trubisky.
- According to Silver, Jackson felt that Patrick Mahomes had the biggest upside of any quarterback prospect in this year’s class.
- Jackson told Silver that he believes Malik Hooker has a chance to be another Ed Reed.
- Had the Browns not grabbed DeShone Kizer in round 2, Silver says that they would have had their eye on Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs in the fourth round.
- Some other believes the Browns reportedly liked were RB Dalvin Cook and S Obi Melifonwu.
- According to Silver, the Browns and Jackson have “reshaped their perspectives and regard Osweiler as someone who might be salvageable” and it now appears as though Osweiler will open training camp behind Cody Kessler.
- Giants HC Ben McAdoo on said of their running back situation: “We’re working on perimeter things. Paul Perkins is going to be our starter there on first and second down.” (Dan Schneier)
- According to John Keim of ESPN, Redskins fourth-round RB Samaje Perine should be an “instant challenger” to RB Rob Kelley this summer.
- Keim adds that Matt Jones is now in jeopardy of losing a roster spot.
- Last week, another report surfaced that the Redskins have Jones on the trading block (NFLTR), but the fact that the draft came and went without him being dealt implies he’s more likely to be released, barring an injury.
Tags Gareon Conley Matt Jones Paul Perkins Rob Kelley Samaje Perine