Rand Getlin reports that there is already “some concern” that newly acquired DE Greg Hardy has put himself at odds with members of the Cowboys’ defensive line, following his verbal altercation with DT Davon Coleman.
According to Getlin, the dispute initiated when Hardy questioned Coleman’s effort during practice. The fight escalated upon Coleman referring to Hardy as a “woman beater.”
- According to Albert Breer, the Titans like Oregon QB Marcus Mariota enough to take him at No. 2 overall.
- Albert Breer reports that LSU CB Jalen Collins’ multiple failed drug tests while in college.
- Some teams reportedly prefer Louisville WR Devante Parker over West Virginia WR Kevin White. (Albert Breer)
- Breer expects the the last 20 picks of the draft to be “unpredictable,” due to the difference in draft grades that teams have placed on players at positions such as: defensive end, offensive linemen, and cornerback.
- Breer mentions that the depth of this running back class could cause first-round talents like Toddy Gurley and Melvin Gordon to slide down further than some may expect.
- USC DL Leonard Williams is believed to be the safest player of the draft, and is the only non-quarterback player that will receive interest from teams that are looking to trade up to obtain him. (Albert Breer)
- Breer predicts Amari Cooper, White, and Parker to be drafted in the top 10 picks, with USC WR Nelson Agholor possibly being the next receiver selected.
- Florida OT D.J. Humphries has taken 15 pre-draft visits so far this offseason. (Albert Breer)
- Aaron Wilson reports that Oklahoma CB Julian Wilson has worked out for Eagles, Patriots, and is schedule to workout for the Falcons.
“Our process hasn’t changed,” Caldwell said, via Mike DiRocco. “[We] plan to go without him, but if he emerges, he emerges, and he’s going to go in with those top guys and compete with those other guys. Hopefully we’re able to get some news, but if not we weren’t planning on [having Blackmon]. We’re just going to go [without him].”
- GM Martin Mayhew said he would be interested in re-signing G Rodney Austin, pending the results of his domestic violence charges.
- GM Reggie McKenzie said he has “taken calls” from teams regarding the No. 4 overall pick. (Scott Bair)