- The NFL owners approved international games being extended through 2025.
- The league can now schedule games beyond outside of the United Kingdom such as Mexico City, Brazil and Germany, which have been proposed in recent weeks.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the NFL competition committee is researching a suggestion from Patriots HC Bill Belichick to have fixed cameras along every boundary.
- Albert Breer reports that the the Dolphins “discussed” the possibility of hiring Jim Schwartz, former-Falcons HC Mike Smith and former-Bucs HC Greg Schiano to help with their defense.
- ESPN’s Josina Anderson reports that Lions TE Eric Ebron miss “up to” three weeks with a bruised knee.
Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette points out that Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger did not necessarily refute a report from Jason LaCanfora that he was on track to play against the Chiefs in Week 7.
Instead, all Roethlisberger said was that it did not “come from me or our doctors.’’
According to Bouchette, any talk of Roethlisberger returning to the team is just conjecture until he’s able to practice.
However, Bouchette suggests that Big Ben could be back for the team’s Week 8 match up against the Bengals, which would in the middle of the 4-6 week timetable.