A source with knowledge of Jason Pierre-Paul‘s case tells Josina Anderson that there’s chance JPP could try to force the Giants to negotiate some sort of settlement, and possibly get the franchise tag removed.
“A player could force a team’s hand by saying, ok, I’m ready to sign my contract, let me pass the physical first; and if the player felt he could pass the physical, you could have a scenario where the player says I’m physically ready and the doctor says no you’re not,” explained Anderson’s source. “Then what you have is, you have a disagreement (where) you’d have to resolve it either through settlement or some type of proceeding where you’d probably get neutral physicians to form an opinion and an arbitrator would decide…if he felt the medical information was such that the player was physically ready. Cause then he’s forced the team to either sign him or take the tag off him.”
Regarding his contract situation Bennett said: “I’ll do what I did last season and it will address itself.”
- Bills DE Mario Williams was removed from the non-football-injury list on Friday.
- The Bills had assistant OL coach Kurt Anderson leading team’s offensive line drills on Friday with new consultant Pat Meyer watching from the side. (Mike Rodak)
- Jaguars veteran DE Chris Clemons reports to Training Camp on Friday.
- Seahawks MLB Bobby Wagner cryptically tweeted Friday “Can’t keep everyone” after the team locked up QB Russell Wilson.
- Wagner figures to be the Seahawks’ top priority moving forward.