- Tom Silverstein assumes that the Packers attempted to put in a claim for QB Joe Callahan when he was waived by the Saints, but was beaten out by the Browns to claim him.
- Silverstein also notes that the Giants and Cardinals attempted to put in a claim for Callahan the first time he was waived by the Packers earlier this month.
- A source told Adam Schefter that Bills RB LeSean McCoy will be in a similar situation as last week after aggravating his hamstring injury and will “probably” be questionable for Week 8.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians said WR John Brown (leg) should return for Week 8. (Darren Urban)
- Arians also said that he still “fully supports” K Chandler Catanzaro despite him missing two field goals during Sunday night’s tie against the Seahawks.
- Adam Schefter reports that Falcons RB Tevin Coleman’s hamstring is likely to keep him out of Sunday’s game against the Packers.
- Although Falcons HC Dan Quinn mentioned earlier in the day that they could promote RB Terron Ward from their practice squad with Coleman injury. (Vaughn McClure)
- According to Jason La Canfora, Jets QB Bryce Petty (shoulder) is still “a few weeks” away from being considered for the starting role. However, La Canfora adds that Petty could become the starter if Ryan Fitzpatrick throws more interceptions.
Rams HC Jeff Fisher said Rams’ first-round QB Jared Goff is not yet ready to take over the starting role.
“Jared’s going to play when we feel Jared’s ready. Had we won this game you wouldn’t be asking about Jared,” Fisher said, via Pro Football Talk. “We didn’t lose this game because of the quarterback play. We lost it because of some other positions.”
- Redskins announced that RG Brandon Scherff suffered an AC sprain and CB Bashaud Breeland sustained a left ankle sprain during Week 7. Washington plans to monitor their status this week.
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden said TE Jordan Reed has been cleared from his concussion injury but added that he is not completely sure if Reed will play in Week 8.
- Gruden also said that CB Josh Norman is going through the league’s concussion protocol and will visit an independent doctor this week.