Joey Bosa & Cowboys
Todd Archer of ESPN points out that despite the speculation that the Cowboys could try to put together a trade for Chargers first-round DE Joey Bosa, there’s no way of this happening.
The Cowboys have already used up all but a few thousand dollars left in rookie pool money, and there’s no way Bosa is going to take less money, even to facilitate a trade to Dallas.
In fact, all teams outside of the Chargers have used up their draft pool of funds for rookies, which means Bosa’s only options would be to either sign with the Chargers or sit out the 2016 season.
While Bosa is clearly dug in on his stance in negotiations with the Chargers, he needs to accrue a season of NFL experience in order for him to get to the end of his rookie contract as soon as possible.
- Troy Renck spoke with a handful of Broncos players who said they expect Mark Sanchez to start on Thursday and play around a quarter.
- After that, the players expect Trevor Siemian to take over for Sanchez.
Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said that OL J.R. Sweezey is away from the team, getting a second opinion on injuries he’s dealing with.
“He’s been seeing a doctor in California the last couple of days,” Koetter said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m not the doctor and I haven’t talked to the doctor, but we’ll let you know as soon we know something we can tell you.”
- According to Zak Keefer, Colts veteran DE Kendall Langford is out 3-4 weeks with a knee injury.
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano said that second-year DL Henry Anderson is “ahead” of schedule in his return from a season-ending knee injury. (George Bremer)
- First-round C Ryan Kelly (shoulder) returned to practice Tuesday. (Kevin Bowen)