During an appearance on ESPN’s “Mike & Mike”, Jon Gruden said he has yet to speak to anyone about a return to the NFL. Even so, Gruden added, “you never say never to nothing.”
“I haven’t talked to anybody,” Gruden said, via Pro Football Talk. “All I really have in my life is my family and football. That’s about it. I’m real sensitive to the coaches that are out there coaching, so I don’t speculate. I just love football. I’m trying to hang onto the job I have. I’m very fortunate to be with the people I’m with. I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the future. I just know this: I’m gonna continue to give my best effort to the game, stay prepared, and I love Monday Night Football and don’t plan on leaving but, as you know in life, you never say never to nothing.”
- According to Howard Balzer, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers worked out two players on Tuesday including CB Senquez Golson and DE Alex McCalister.
- The Buccaneers elected to sign Golson to their practice squad on Wednesday. (NFLTR)
- Saints HC Sean Payton said Wednesday that the Falcons also made a contract offer for RB Jonathan Williams before he agreed to a two-year contract with the Saints signed. (Herbie Teope)
- According to Ian Rapoport, Giants RT Justin Pugh is out for Sunday’s game against the Chiefs with a back injury.
- Rapoport adds that Pugh is week-to-week after this could ultimately be a multi-week injury for him.