Home / Chargers / NFL Notes: La’el Collins, Leonard Williams, Chargers, Dolphins, & Giants
NFL Notes: La’el Collins, Leonard Williams, Chargers, Dolphins, & Giants
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports writes that OL La’el Collins could be better served sitting out the 2015 season and re-entering the 2016 draft from a financial perspective.
- Ian Rapoport reports that one of the reasons that led to DL Leonard Williams dropping to the Jets at No. 6 overall was a shoulder issue.
- Rapoport adds that Williams’ shoulder injury isn’t a long-term problem, but could slow his development a bit.
- Eric D. Williams mentions that the Chargers could target receiver, offensive line, outside linebacker and/or defensive line in Day 2 of the draft.
- Some names to keep an eye on include: ASU WR Jaelen Strong, OSU WR Devin Smith, KSU WR Tyler Lockett, FSU G Tre Jackson, Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings, Nebraska OLB Randy Gregory, Virginia OLB Eli Harold, FSU DL Eddie Goldman, and UCLA DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa.
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins have shown no interest in trading for Eagles G Evan Mathis up to this point.
- Salguero also reports that the Dolphins wanted RB Todd Gurley, but as a team source mentioned: “It’s not like we sat on our hands while he went No. 13. He went No. 10.”
- Ralph Vacchiano is hearing that Iowa OL Brandon Scherff was higher on the Giants’ board than Miami OT Ereck Flowers, but they did not expect Scherff to be available at No. 9.
Tags Brandon Scherff Devin Smith Eddie Goldman Eli Harold Ereck Flowers Evan Mathis Jaelen Strong La'el Collins Leonard Williams Owamagbe Odighizuwa Randy Gregory T.J. Clemmings Todd Gurley Tre' Jackson Tyler Lockett