- Former NFL physician Davis Chao writes that while medical issues involving a player’s heart sound worrisome, he’s optimistic that Saints DT Nick Fairley will be fine and able to resume his NFL career.
- Chao says that the two main possibilities for Fairley are an arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat) or myopathy (heart muscle abnormality). Although, Chao considers the most likely possibility to be a hypertrophic (enlarged heart) over a dilated (expanded/weakened) myopathy.
- According to Chao, doctors are very aware to avoid a “Len Bias” type sudden death, which is why they set very low to detect even potential mild cases as the goal is to prevent every sudden death.
- Nick Underhill of the Advocate writes that losing Fairley for any period of time would be a big blow to the Saints defense.
- While a rumor surfaced online that free agent CB Darrelle Revis was on the Dolphins’ radar, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that this isn’t accurate.
- According to Salguero, the Dolphins haven’t even mentioned Revis in any personnel meetings within the organization.
- Salguero does, however, believe the Dolphins would benefit from some more competition at slot corner, but it appears as though Miami wants to see what Bobby McCain can do for them.
The video shows Williams pushing a man believed to be Lee away from the situation.
The Jets released the following statement regarding the matter.
“We are aware of the reports, we are taking them seriously and we are looking into the specifics of the situation. We will have no further comment at this time.”
- The Minnesota Vikings announced Monday that HC Mike Zimmer has been cleared to return to coaching following another eye surgery.