Odell Beckham Jr.
- Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr tells Kimberly Jones: “I love my team and am excited about the season.”
- However, when asked if he’ll be in attendance for OTAs, all Beckham would say is: “No comment.“
- Beckham Jr added that he will attend the Giants’ mandatory minicamp “for sure” on June 13. (Kimberly Jones)
- The Buffalo Bills announced that they’ve re-hired Marcus Cooper as their BLESTO scout and Pete Harris as their northeast scout.
- The Bills also added Chris Marrow and as a pro scout.
The New York Jets are hiring their first woman coach, Collette Smith, as a preseason intern who will work with the team’s defensive backs during training camp.
“I’m over the top. I’m humbled and I’m proud,” Smith said, via the New York Daily News. “This could have happened with any NFL team. But it just so happened that it was with my beloved New York Jets. This is bigger because of that.”
- Jets rookie WR/KR Brisly Estime, unfortunately, suffered a torn Achilles’ tendon on Wednesday during practice and will be placed on injured reserve if/when he clears waivers in the coming days. (Rich Cimini)
Saints veteran FB John Kuhn mentioned that Adrian Peterson looks like the same player he was in Minnesota all those years.
“He looks the same way he looked when I was watching him from the other sideline for all those years,” Kuhn said, via ESPN.com. “He looks like the same old AP, and I’m just excited to see him in the same team colors.”
Peterson has been working on catching passes, but HC Sean Payton says he looks fine doing so.
“He made a few catches today that looked pretty good. … I think he’s comfortable catching the ball in space. He was on top of the protections, much the same way you’d expect Mark or any of those backs to have a variety of things that they can do,” said Payton.
“Listen, he’s picked things up well. He’s been here through the whole offseason program, he’s in good shape and moving around well,” Payton said of Peterson. “So it’s good to be able to get out and do some football movements and get that timing down. But he’s done well.”