Lance Zierlein of NFL.com spoke to an NFC executive who mentioned that while Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes has a great arm and mobility to work with, he’ll still likely “drive his head coach crazy for the first couple of years.”
“He’s got a great arm, big balls and he’s mobile,” the executive tells Zierlein. “He is going to drive his head coach crazy for the first couple of years and there is no getting around that. If it clicks for him and he’s coachable, I think he could become a special quarterback.”
- According to Mike DiRocco, veteran DL Jared Odrick would like to play more 3-technique defensive tackle, but with the Jaguars stacked at the position, he believes Odrick could benefit from a change of scenery.
- DiRocco mentions that Odrick has caused “some friction” with the Jaguars based on his rehab approach.
- Odrick is owed a $2 million roster bonus and will have $3.5 million of his salary guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2017 league year.
- Rich Cimini of ESPN writes that DL Sheldon Richardson could use a fresh start after a disappointing 2016 season and multiple suspensions during this four years in New York.
- Cimini believes the Jets will likely put Richardson back on the trading block in the coming weeks and see if they can move him in a trade.
- Alden Gonzalez of ESPN writes that even though WR Kenny Britt is coming off of an impressive season with the Rams, odds are that the team will move this offseason.
- Gonzalez expects them to target other free agent receivers such as DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Stills and Alshon Jeffery.
- Mike Triplett of ESPN singles out former first-round pick Stephone Anthony as a player who could use a change of scenery.
- Anthony took a step back in 2016 and has changed positions without producing great results.
- According to Triplett, if Anthony doesn’t make big strides in 2017, his future with the Saints will be in doubt.