According to Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk, there’s increasing buzz that the NFL could consider moving extra point attempts to the one-yard line.
The thinking is that this would create a greater incentive for teams to go for two following a touchdown.
In fact, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed to Peter King that “there’s a chance” they could consider making this change.
- Former NFL player Darren Sharper pled guilty to sexual assault and attempted sexual assault. (MC Superior Court)
- Sharper was sentenced to nine years in prison and a lifetime of probation. (MC Superior Court)
- Sources tell Rand Getlin that after returning $463,000 of his signing bonus, former LB Chris Borland will walk away with very little money from his NFL career.
- Last year, Borland made just $1.19 million before taxes, which means he’ll probably walk away with around $600,000 in total, according to Getlin’s calculations.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Indiana RB Tevin Coleman has visits schedule with the Panthers, Cardinals, Chargers, and Ravens.
“Anybody who thinks we’re trading Drew Brees, that’s just not true,” Loomis said before the owners meetings began.