According to Lance Zierlein of NFL.com, Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray is expected to require surgery on his injured toe, which would require five months of recovery.
Zierlein adds that Ray “could drop out of the first” due to these concerns, per Arif Hasan.
In a poll of 19 personnel executives by Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel 10 picked USC DT Leonard Williams as the No. 1 player in the draft.
Other receiving votes included: Alabama WR Amari Cooper (four), Oregon QB Marcus Mariota (2 1/2), Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler (one), Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon (one) and Georgia RB Todd Gurley (one-half).
- Tony Pauline reports that a number of teams believe Michigan State LB Taiwan Jones can be a “gem” at the linebacker position. A number of 3-4 teams reported see him as third-round pick.
- More than a dozen teams have Oregon State’s Sean Mannion rated as the No. 3 quarterback in the draft. For what it’s worth, the Rams and Cowboys both worked him out. (Tony Pauline)
- Mike Jurecki reports that the Cardinals haven’t made a decision regarding whether to pick up WR Michael Floyd fifth year option.
- Tony Pauline reports that the New Orleans Saints will consider trading up if they feel they are in striking distance to get Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley.
- According to Pauline, Saints DC Rob Ryan “loves” Beasley’s pass rushing ability and potential in a 3-4 defense.
- Sources tell Tony Pauline that the Seattle Seahawks would love to grab Oklahoma WR Dorial Green-Beckham if he’s available at No. 63 overall, but they expect him to be off the board mid way through round two.