Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Todd Gurley, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, & Falcons
NFL Notes: Todd Gurley, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals, & Falcons
- RB Todd Gurley said he won’t work out at Georgia’s Pro Day, but added that he’s doing light jogging and his rehab is going well. (Dan Brugler)
- According to Gurley, there’s no timetable for his return and stressed that he wants to be “safe” about the situation. (Dan Brugler)
- Gurley added that he has 24 interviews scheduled. (Dan Brugler)
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis confirmed that they will be looking at pass rushers in this year’s draft class.
- Lewis said they’re excited about QB A.J. McCarron‘s future with the team and believe he can be a good NFL quarterback.
- Lewis mentioned that WR Marvin Jones has “a lot on the line” and “a lot to prove” next year.
- LB Vontaze Burfict is “doing well” and working out full speed in his rehab.
- Falcons new HC Dan Quinn said that their offensive scheme is “tailor made” for Devonta Freeman and is looking forward to working with him.
- Quinn said that versatility is extremely important to his defense. He said that Florida DE/OLB Donte Fowler would fit this mold.
- GM Thomas Dimitroff said he believes Devonta Freeman can be the team’s feature back. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dimitroff said that signing WR Julio Jones to a long-term contract remains a priority. (Jay Adams)
- LT Jake Matthews is recovering from Lisfranc surgery. (Vaughn McClure)
Tags A.J. McCarron Brandon Spikes C.J. Spiller Daryl Washington Devonta Freeman Donte Fowler Doug Whaley Jake Matthews Julio Jones Marvin Jones Todd Gurley Vontaze Burfict