- Albert Breer reports that Patriots QB Tom Brady will be represented by Jeffrey Kessler, who handled the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Greg Hardy cases for the NFLPA.
- Breer expects Kessler’s presence to “loom large” for Brady in this matter.
Broncos VP/GM John Elway mentioned that there’s no update in regards to a long-term contract extension for WR Demaryius Thomas.
However, reiterated that they still plan to have a long-term agreement in place with him at some point.
“Like I said, we want Demaryius back, so we’re going to do everything to make that happen,” Elway said, via Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com.
- Giants WR Victor Cruz (patellar tendon) said he’s cutting and working on his routes, and put his current health at 75-80 percent. (Jordan Raanan)
- Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said of their free agency plans: “We’ll be on the lookout for players in the secondary.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome said that “there are a lot of players available I’ve been on the phone talking with representatives.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Newsome confirmed that he’s working “several” contract extensions for Ravens’ players. (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding Dennis Pitta playing again this season, HC John Harbaugh mentioned: “He has a chance. It depends on safety and how he sees his hip holding up.” (Aaron Wilson)
- According to Harbaugh, sixth-round WR Darren Waller could potentially be utilized as a pass-catching tight end. (Aaron Wilson)