- Jason La Canfora reports that while the Buccaneers tried to trade veteran WR Vincent Jackson at the trade deadline last year, they’re aren’t fielding offers for him at this point in time.
- La Canfora writes that it looks like he’ll be back for the 2015 season.
- One last note about Jackson, sources tell La Canfora that he will not agree to a pay cut.
- ESPN’s Pat McManamon believes that the idea of the Browns signing recently released WR Brian Hartline is worth discussing.
- McManamon doesn’t see former Falcons WR Harry Douglas being an option based on him being viewed as a similar type of receiver to Andrew Hawkins.
- McManamon adds that his personal preference would be to target a receiver in the draft such as Louisville’s DeVante Parker to go along with some free agent acquisitions.
According to Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com, “the tea leaves say the Eagles are going to be big players in free agency.”
Kempski mentions that Philadelphia has several roster holes right now and have already begun the process of freeing up cap space ahead of free agency.
Should the Eagles, in fact, be interested in trading up for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, it would cost them a lot of draft picks, which means free agency would be their best avenue towards filling out their roster.