Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Von Miller, Bills, Eagles & Patriots
NFL Notes: Von Miller, Bills, Eagles & Patriots
- After Broncos franchise OLB Von Miller announced that he has no intention of playing out the 2016 season under the franchise tag, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk suggests a temporary solution for the two parties could be to sign him to a one-year contract that includes a clause preventing them from using the franchise tag on Miller again in 2017.
- Florio adds that Denver could still pay him $14.129 million for one season as part of this deal.
- Even so, Florio still believes a multi-year agreement for Miller remains the more likely outcome.
- Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.com takes a look at the best and worst contracts for the Bills.
- Unsurprisingly, Fitzgerald has QB Tyrod Taylor as the team’s best contract, considering that he makes just $1.117 million per year in his three-year deal.
- Buffalo’s worst contract, according to Fitzgerald, goes to DT Marcell Dareus, who signed a massive six-year, $95.1 million extension with the team.
- Jimmy Kempski writes that the Eagles could show some interest in veteran LB Stephen Tulloch once the Lions officially release him.
- Kempski points out that the Eagles have already brought in three players who previously worked with new DC Jim Schwartz, which is notable considering that Tulloch spent a number of years working with Schwartz while they were with the Titans and Lions.
- Also, adding Tulloch would give the Eagles some added depth behind their starting linebackers.
- Even with Michael Lombardi moving on from the Patriots, Mike Reiss mentions that it would not be surprising to see him maintain some sort of adviser connection to HC Bill Belichick.
- Patriots TE Michael Williams is expected to undergo surgery in the coming days to repair his torn ACL.
- As for his replacement, Reiss considers Clay Harbor to be the leading candidate for the Patriots’ No. 3 tight end job.
Tags Bill Belichick Clay Harbor Marcell Dareus Michael Lombardi Michael Williams Stephen Tulloch Tyrod Taylor von miller