- Troy Renck of the Dever Post writes that Eagles DE Fletcher Cox‘s six-year, $103 million extension could be a benchmark for franchise OLB Von Miller‘s contract negotiation with the Broncos.
- Renck notes that Cox’s accelerated guaranteed salary payout of $55.54 million through the first nine months of his deal could provide a potential template for the Broncos to sign Miller.
Jets CB Darrelle Revis (wrist surgery) mentioned Tuesday that he expects to be ready for the start of training camp.
“I’ve still got a ways to go, especially over the summer, but the timetable is training camp,” Revis said, via ESPN.com.
- Raiders DE Mario Edwards Jr. (neck) was a full participant during Tuesday’s practice and received reps with the first-team defense. (Scott Bair)
- Raiders CB D.J. Hayden worked as the first-team nickleback on Tuesday, while CB T.J. Carrie is expected to compete with him for that role.
- Right tackles Menelik Watson and Austin Howard split time with the first team on Tuesday. However, Watson appeared to receive more reps, since Howard is recovering from a knee injury
- The first of which is that the Ravens do not trust Monroe as a reliable blocker to protect Joe Flacco‘s blind side.
- Beyond that, Baltimore is not getting enough value out of his $6.5 million salary, after he appeared in just three games last season.
- The Ravens are also committed to playing first-round OT Ronnie Stanley at left tackle this season, which means they may have to kick Monroe inside in order for him see game action.