NFL Rumors: Mohamed Sanu, Draft, Jaguars, Lions, & Patriots
- New Falcons WR Mohamed Sanu said that the Giants, Redskins, Patriots, Buccaneers, Titans, and Chargers all contacted his agent during the legal tampering period. (Vaughn McClure)
- Tony Pauline of WalterFootball reports that Ohio State DE Joey Bosa had dinner with the Chargers Thursday night.
- Ohio State S Tyvis Powell had one-on-one meetings with the Browns, Lions, Titans and Saints.
- According to Pauline, the Titans and Lions will both be looking to draft a safety this year.
- Pauline mentions that OSU TE Nick Vannett met with the Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks, Falcons and Jets.
- Meanwhile, OSU LB Darron Lee interviewed with the Browns and Saints on Thursday.
- OSU Michael Thomas met with the Saints on Thursday and had an “outstanding meeting” with the Browns. Thomas reportedly has a workout scheduled with the Patriots next week.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Jaguars are looking for offensive line depth.
- According to Garafolo, free agent C Stefen Wisniewski remains an option to return to Jacksonville as a starter, but he’s currently shopping around.
- Dave Birkett reports that retired Lions WR Calvin Johnson‘s 2016 cap figure of $12.9 million was reduced by $320,000 for “return of (signing bonus) from retirement,” according to the NFLPAs contract records.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN mentions that the Patriots will likely bring in another group of free agents for visits on Friday.
- Reiss adds that after they met with a number of skill positions on Thursday, linemen now on the Patriots’ radar.
Tags Calvin Johnson Darron Lee Joey Bosa Michael Thomas Mohamed Sanu Nick Vannett Stefen Wisniewski Tyvis Powell