Home Browns NFL Rumors: Quarterbacks, Draft, Browns, Raiders
- Ian Rapoport mentions that he wouldn’t be surprised to see a team trade back into round one to get Cal QB Davis Webb. Regarding Webb, a national scout tells Rapoport: “He has Dak-like intangibles.”
- According to Jordan Raanan, it’s possible four quarterbacks are taken in the first round including Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes and Davis Webb.
- Jordan Raanan reports that Washington WR John Ross could easily land in the top-10 picks, but is most likely to gone in the first 15 selections.
- One offensive lineman to keep an eye on, according to Raanan, is Dion Dawkins, who could be a late-first or early second-round pick.
- After speaking with NFL evaluators, Raanan isn’t sure that NFL teams like DE Derek Barnett as much as the media and public. In fact, Raanan says that Missouri DE Charles Harris has gotten better reviews from the people he’s spoken to.
- No surprise, but Raanan mentions that Stanford RB Christian McCaffery is one of the “cleanest prospects some NFL talent evaluators have seen in years.”
- Peter Schrager mentions that there are three receivers considered first-round talents by most teams including John Ross, Corey Davis, and Mike Williams. Even so, Schrager still expects TE O.J. Howard to go before all three of them.
- According to Schrager, Stanford RB Christian McCaffery is unlikely to fall past the Panthers at No. 8 overall.
- Even so, Leonard Fournette is expected to be drafted ahead of McCaffery, per Schrager.
- Schrager mentions that Florida LB Jarrad Davis is expected to come off the board between No. 15-25 as he was reportedly tremendous with his interviews and “everyone seems to love him.”
- Temple LB Hasson Reddick’s draft stock is rising so high that Schrager would be surprised if he was still available at No. 12 overall.
- The Texans are displaying interest in Georgia OL Tyler Catalina. (Aaron Wilson)
- Michael Lombardi of TheRinger reports that the Browns called teams on Wednesday about trading down from the No. 12 overall pick.
- According to Lombardi, Cleveland is locked in at No. 1 overall.
- More buzz about Mitch Trubisky possibly going No. 1 overall surfaced today. (NFLTR)
- Peter Schrager reports that the Browns are still in the market to trade up into top five picks to get Trubisky, assuming the draft Myles Garrett No 1. overall. Potential trade partners to watch for a move up, per Schrager, are the Jaguars and Titans.
- According to Adam Caplan, the Raiders plan to use Marshawn Lynch as their primary first and second-down back with Jamize Olawale, DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard and Lynch all being worked on 3rd down.
- We have Florida LB Jarrad Davis being selected by the Raiders in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.