Eagles officially announced the signing of QB Mark Sanchez on Friday.
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) March 28, 2014
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Sanchez will receive a one-year contract worth a maximum value of $4 million from the Eagles.
- Garafolo adds that Sanchez’s base value is worth “roughly half” of his $4 million max value.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the “everything has checked out” regarding Sanchez’s physical and confirms that he will be signing with the Eagles.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post reported last night that Sanchez was meeting with the Eagles Wednesday and a deal could come be done soon.
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen first reported on Monday that, pending a physical, Sanchez is expected to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Sanchez, 27, is coming off of a season-ending shoulder injury and cleared waivers on Monday.
The Eagles allowed Michael Vick to depart in free agency, and although they used a fourth-round pick on QB Matt Barkley last year, it appears as though they would prefer to bring in guy with some experience to backup Nick Foles.
This could be a great opportunity Sanchez to take some time and get back to full strength while working with an explosive offense in training camp.