- Ian Rapoport reports that Winfield’s one-year contract with the Seahawks is worth $3 million and includes $1 million guaranteed.
- Rapoport adds that theVikings had made a similar offer, but included $3 million in guarantees.
“I’m definitely excited about the opportunity to play in Seattle, Winfield told Anderson. “They’re a great football team. Those guys did an excellent job last season. They’re young, athletic and energetic. I’m excited to play with Richard [Sherman], Brandon [Browner], Kam [Chancellor] and Earl [Thomas] because they’re some of the most talented players on defense in the NFL right now.”
Winfield figures to take over as their nickel corner this season and joins an already talented secondary that includes Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner—both who are considered to be two of the best cornerbacks in the league.
We’ll have more as the news becomes available.
According to La Canfora, money will not be the determining factor for Winfield, which leaves the Seahawks, Vikings and Redskins all in play.
- The Vikings have reportedly “expressed remorse for how it handled his release” and are “desperately” trying to re-sign him. The team’s ownership has even reached out to him personally.
- La Canfora adds that the Seahawks have “significant interest” interest in Winfield.
- La Canfora mentions that the Redskins “pulled out all the stops” during their meeting with him and are considered to be a “compelling suitor.“
- Winfield could have a decision by some point this weekend, according to sources close to him.
We have Winfield listed as the No. 5 player in our recently updated
- According to Ian Rapoport, Winfield remains torn between the Vikings and Seahawks. His agent has been in negotiations for 48 hours straight.
- Ian Rapoport reports that although there’s “mutual interest” between the two sides, they’re currently “just talking.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Winfield’s deciding between the Vikings and Seahawks right now. A decision is expected soon.
Winfield visited with Seattle on Monday, but the Vikings are reportedly making a strong push to re-sign him as well. Washington is also in the picture, but both the Vikings and Seahawks are in much better shape financially to offer him a more competitive deal.