Here’s a running list of rumors related to the Vikings head coaching search.
- Master Tesfatsion spoke with Mike Zimmer who mentioned that the Vikings haven’t offered him the job. (Update: 10:28 pm)
- Mike Silver of the NFL Network reports that Mike Zimmer is preparing to leave Minnesota Wednesday morning, which his source mentioned was the plan all along. (Update: 11:20 pm)
- Albert Breer reports that Mike Zimmer is still the only candidate to have a second interview lined up with the Vikings. (Update: 3:34 pm)
- Cardinals DC Todd Bowles could get a second interview at some point in the near future.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Vikings are “very likely” to hire Bengals DC Mike Zimmer as their new head coach today.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer will meet with the Vikings ownership on Tuesday. (Update: 6:07 pm)
- Rapoport adds that Cardinals DC Todd Bowles does not have a second interview scheduled yet. (Update: 6:07 pm)
- Jason La Canfora mentions that the Vikings are looking to “close” on their head-coaching search.
- La Canfora adds Minnesota is “honed in on” Bengals DC Mike Zimmer as their next head coach.
- Mike Jurecki is “hearing” that Cardinals DC Todd Bowles will also get a second interview with the Vikings.
- Adam Caplan reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer will interview with the Vikings for a second time next week.
- Jason La Canfora mentions that Mike Zimmer could bring former Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey along with him as his offensive coordinator. (Update: 5:30 pm)
- La Canfora adds that the Vikings had a good meeting with Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell who could be among the finalists for the job. (Update: 5:30 pm)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Mike Zimmer’s second meeting with the Vikings will be on Tuesday. (Update: 8:20 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that 49ers OC Greg Roman is interviewing for the Vikings’ head-coaching vacancy on Saturday.
- Alex Marvez of Fox Sports reports that the Vikings are also interviewing 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula Saturday for the job as well.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Vikings have concluded the “search portion” of the process with regards to their next head coach.
- Rapoport adds that Minnesota still wants to interview 49ers OC Greg Roman.
- The Vikings will then have the three finalists travel to Minnesota to meet with ownership, which is expected to take place after this weekend, according to Rapoport’s source.
- Cardinals DC Todd Bowles and Bengals DC Mike Zimmer are believed to be among the finalists for the job.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Cardinals DC Todd Bowles is believed to be another finalist for the Vikings job along with Bengals DC Mike Zimmer and one other candidate.
- Rapoport adds that Bowles is likely to hire Chan Gailey or Rick Neuheisel as offensive coordinator should he get the job.
- Adam Schefter reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer has emerged as a favorite for the Vikings job.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN.com reports that the Vikings requested interviews with 49ers OC Greg Roman, Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt, Broncos OC Adam Gase and Broncos DC Jack Del Rio.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Vikings are expected to request permission to speak with 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula regarding this head coaching position. (Update: 9:33 pm)
- Ben Goessling of ESPN.com reports that Bengals OC Jay Gruden will interview with the Vikings on Thursday.
- Ian Rapoport heard that the Vikings interview with Cardinals DC Todd Bowles went “incredibly well” on Monday and believes he could be in the final three.
- Adam Schefter reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is expected to interview for the Vikings job this week. (Update: 3:50 pm)
- Bengals OC Jay Gruden mentioned that he is not sure about interviewing with the Lions regarding their head-coaching vacancy, per Dave Birkett. He expects to meet with the Vikings, Titans and Redskins.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Vikings are “pushing” to interview Bengals DC Mike Zimmer quickly.
- Rapoport characterizes the Vikings’ interest “very real.“
- Jason La Canfora confirms that the Vikings have in fact requested permission to interview Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt.
- Albert Breer reports that the Vikings have reached out to 49ers OC Greg Roman.
- Albert Breer is “hearing” that the Vikings are among three teams with interest in Bengals DC Mike Zimmer.
- Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings will interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles for their head-coaching vacancy on Monday. (Update: 5:55 pm)
- Mike Garafolo reports that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is generating interest from Vikings among other teams and could interview for the job next week. (Update: 5:41 pm)
- Garafolo adds that Zimmer was “off-limits” this week while the Bengals prepare for the Wildcard playoff game.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that the Vikings will interview Browns DC Ray Horton for their head-coaching vacancy next Tuesday.
- Ian Rapoport is “hearing” that the Vikings have interest in Bengals OC Jay Gruden as well as DC Mike Zimmer.
- Depending on whether or not the Bengals win, Rapoport notes that the Minnesota would have to wait to interview them.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Seahawks DC Dan Quinn will interview with the Vikings on Saturday.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Cardinals DC Todd Bowles is schedule to interview with the Vikings next week.
- Pete Roussel of CoachingSearch.com reports that sources have informed him that Bengals DC Mike Zimmer will interview for the Vikings head coaching job. (Update: 3:24 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Vikings have officially requested permission to interview Broncos OC Adam Gase.
- Albert Breer reports that the Vikings have also requested permission to interview Cardinals DC Todd Bowles for their head-coaching vacancy. (Update: 6:10 pm)
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Vikings have requested permission to interview both Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell and DC Dan Quinn. (Update: 5:21 pm)
- La Canfora also reports that the Vikings have also reached out to UCLA HC Jim Mora. (Update: 6:36pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Vikings have requested permission to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. (Update: 4:21 pm)
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman mentioned that he will conduct interviews in the coming days, but may not decide on a head coach until the Senior Bowl in late January, per Ian Rapoport. (Update: 2:07 pm)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Broncos DC Jack Del Rio and OC Adam Gase are both candidates for the Vikings’ job.
- The Vikings have reportedly reached out to Penn State HC Bill O’Brien not too long ago.
- Offenseive coordinators Jay Gruden and Darrell Bevell have also been mentioned as speculative options as well.