Home Bengals NFL Notes: Bengals, Colts, Cowboys, & Titans
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Bengals have been impressed with QB A.J. McCarron‘s confidence since taking over for Andy Dalton.
- Initially, the Bengals had some concerns about McCarron being overconfident, but he did a good job of dialing things down last week and not taking chances once they were up against the 49ers.
- Colts QB Matt Hasselback sustained a Grade I AC sprain, which is a separated shoulder, according to Will Carroll.
- Carroll adds that Hasselbeck currently has a sling on his arm, and the plan is for him to be re-examined when they get back to Indianapolis.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that the Cowboys firing HC Jason Garrett, who signed a five-year, $30 million contract last year, could cost Dallas up to $24 million.
- If Garrett were to sign with a different team, his new salary would reduce the $24 million owed to him by the Cowboys.
- Titans QB Zach Mettenberger told reporters after Sunday’s loss to the Texans that he anticipates starting Week 17’s game. (John Glennon)
- The Titans would clinch the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 draft if they end up losing to the Colts next week.
- No matter what happens next week, the Titans can’t have any worse than the No. 2 overall pick.