- Greg Cosell believes that Jared Goff is a better quarterback prospect than Jameis Winston.
- Cosell‘s top quarterbacks in this years draft are as follows: 1. Jared Goff (Cal), 2. Carson Wentz (North Dakota St.), 3. Paxton Lynch (Memphis), and 4. Connor Cook (Michigan St.).
- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers will retain RBs coach Tom Rathman, but HC Chip Kelly is also interested in hiring Jeff Nixon for a spot on his staff.
Bills director of player personnel Jim Monos said that they’re “still not sure what’s going on” with WR Percy Harvin.
“I can speak more for myself for our team, and I don’t want to put words into the coaches’ mouth about what they might think what they need,” Monos said on “The John Murphy Show” on WGR 550. “I think Doug [Whaley] talked about it and I’ll talk about, I’d like to see us get [another receiver]. Percy Harvin was supposed to be a big help for us and we’re still not sure what’s going on. He’s got to make some decisions here coming up. We need to get somebody opposite of Sammy [Watkins] to be a real threat to that defense. I think that’s a big key for our offense, to take one more step.”
Patriots OLB Darius Fleming played in last weekend’s playoff game against the Chiefs with 22 stitches in his leg that he got from saving a women from a burning car.
— Sports Agent (@andysimms) January 20, 2016
- Steelers LB Ryan Shazier (knee), G David DeCastro (ankle), OT Marcus Gilbert (ankle), and TE Matt Spaeth (knee) require arthroscopic surgery that will sideline them each a few weeks for their respective injuries. (Gerry Dulac)
- Steelers HC Mike Tomlin says that FS Mike Mitchell and P Jordan Berry require shoulder surgery that will sideline them for four months. (Gerry Dulac)
- Tomlin also says that RB DeAngelo Williams doesn’t need offseason surgery on his injured foot. (Ed Bouchette)