- According to Aaron Wilson, the Bills brought in ILB Keishawn Bierria, DL Raymond Davison, and LB Del’Shawn Phillips.
- Bills signed OL Victor Salako to their practice squad.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Dolphins CB Aqib Talib is expected to remain in Los Angeles while he rehabs his rib injury. He likely won’t report to the team or play for Miami, as the trade was about acquiring a pick from the Rams, not the player.
- Dolphins CB Xavien Howard does not need surgery on his knee for now despite going on injured reserve and will just rest for likely the rest of the season. (Barry Jackson)
Jets GM Joe Douglas spoke to the media for the first time since the release of G Kelechi Osemele, who was embroiled in a dispute with the team over his decision to have corrective surgery on his shoulder. The Jets felt Osemele could play through his injury and fined him repeatedly, which Osemele is expected to challenge via grievance. Douglas didn’t shed further light on the team’s thought process.
“We felt we did what was best for the team,” Douglas said via Pro Football Talk. “As an organization, we respect and follow the league’s processes and procedures. Just moving forward, we’re not going to comment on the specifics as it pertains to the situation. The one thing that I will clarify: The safety and well-being of all of our players is paramount. It’s always a top priority for us. We have a great staff. They work together and they make sure that care and safety happens for every player.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer writes that the Jets had three teams, including the Cowboys and Ravens, engage in negotiations for S Jamal Adams. The Cowboys offered a first-round pick and a backup-level player for Adams, which was not the highest offer New York got. That came from the third, unnamed team.
- Breer adds the Jets didn’t have much of a market for RB Le’Veon Bell.
- However, the Athletic’s Connor Hughes writes the Jets received interest in Bell from the Chiefs and Texans. After asking for at least a first-round pick, the Texans declined while the Chiefs considered it before ultimately backing out.
- Hughes added Douglas refused to budge from his asking price of a first-round pick and two second-round picks for Adams.
- Hughes mentioned that unless Jets HC Adam Gase finishes 1-15 or 2-14 and the locker room revolts, the team won’t consider firing him.
- Jets QB Sam Darnold practiced in full, though he had a splint on his left thumb. Jets CB Trumaine Johnson (ankles), OT Kelvin Beachum and C Ryan Kalil missed practice. (Rich Cimini)