- According to the Athletic’s Joe Buscaglia, the Bills could be in the market for a run-stopping defensive tackle at the trade deadline this year.
- Bills HC Sean McDermott said CB Levi Wallace (shoulder) and second-round rookie OL Cody Ford (elbow) are both day-to-day with injuries. (Matthew Fairburn)
- Albert Breer reports that NFL teams have asked the Dolphins about possibly trading CB Xavien Howard.
- According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, the Dolphins expect to get two out of LB Andrew Van Ginkel, DL Jonathan Ledbetter and OT Julien Davenport back off of injured reserve.
- Dolphins DE Taco Charlton has three sacks in four games since being traded from the Cowboys, but Dolphins HC Brian Flores wants to see more, particularly against the run: “From a consistency standpoint, rush to rush, there are some things he could be doing a lot better. He’s had some production. There could be more. That just comes with knowing your opponent, knowing the scheme and putting yourself in a good position.”
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport mentions the Raiders as a potential destination for Jets WR Robby Anderson, as they need a receiver and Anderson is on the block.
- Per ESPN’s Rich Cimini, the agent for Jets WR/RB Valentine Holmes says reports of his client agreeing to sign with the North Queensland Cowboys of the Rugby League in Australia are “premature.”
- Holmes, who is on the Jets practice squad as part of the NFL’s International Pathway program, won’t make any decision, “on his future with the Jets or otherwise until later in the season when we sit down as scheduled to review his position and how he has enjoyed the Jets environment and the game of NFL.”
- Jets HC Adam Gase said QB Sam Darnold sprained his left thumb during Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars. He’ll play through the injury: “It’s one of those things that will bother him all year … looks like he’ll play through it.” (Connor Hughes)
- Jets C Ryan Kalil is week-to-week with a shoulder injury. (Manish Mehta)
- Jets LB C.J. Mosley is seeing a specialist he trusts about his groin injury. The team will wait to see how the rest of the season goes before deciding if they’ll try to bring him back. (Mehta)
- Gase couldn’t comment much on the trade of DL Leonard Williams before it was official, but did say, “Leonard’s done everything we asked him to do.” (Mehta)
- Jets OT Kelvin Beachum is optimistic he’ll return this week from an ankle injury. (Mehta)
New Patriots WR Mohamed Sanu didn’t make a huge impact on the stat sheet, with only two catches for 23 yards. But one of those catches came on fourth down, which only makes Sanu more excited to continue his transition in New England and contribute more in the future.
“It’s really special because you can see why they are the way they are,” Sanu said via Pro Football Talk. “You can see why they have won as much as they have. How deliberate they are at practice and the time they spend on the keys to the game.”
- Per ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Patriots HC Bill Belichick said it’s possible OT Isaiah Wynn will start practicing this week, which would make him New England’s second player to be designated to return from injured reserve.
- Patriots OL coach Dante Scarnechia doesn’t anticipate third-round rookie OT Yodny Cajuste to play this season. (Zack Cox)