- From everything Armando Salguero has been told, the Dolphins will likely add another quarterback in this year’s draft. However, Salguero says that the Dolphins landing either Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen or Sam Darnold is a “stretch” because of where the Dolphins are sitting in round one.
- Salguero mentions that Miami doesn’t have the draft capital to move up to No. 2 overall with the Giants unless they’re willing to part with first- and second-round picks this year and another first-rounder in 2019.
- The highest Salguero could see the Dolphins moving up is No. 6 overall with the Colts, as this could run them their first and second-round picks.
- With this in mind, Salguero says the more logical approach for the Dolphins is to remain at No. 11 overall and take the best available player and then look to grab a quarterback in round two or three.
- Sources have told Salguero the Dolphins have done a lot of work on Washington State QB Luke Falk, so he could be someone to keep an eye on.
- According to Adam Beasley, the Dolphins have shown “keen interest” in Georgia LB Roquan Smith.
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins will have Georgia RB Sony Michel, FSU LB Matthew Thomas, and South Carolina LB Skai Moore in attendance for Friday’s local prospects day.
- Jackson adds that ESPN has indicated that Louisville QB Lamar Jackson will also be in attendance.
According to Rich Cimini of ESPN, the Jets are set to host the following players for their local prospects day:
- Rutgers DL Sebastian Joseph
- Rutgers RB Josh Hicks
- Rutgers RB Robert Martin
- Rutgers G Dorian Miller
- Rutgers QB Kyle Bolin
- Kean WR Ben Guarino
- Stony Brook TE Connor Davis
- Wagner OT Matt Diaz
- Boston College WR Charlie Callinan
- Stony Brook RB Stacey Bedell
- Monmouth C Alex Thompson
- Stony Brook DB Tyrice Beverette
- Syracuse OT Jamar McGloster
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that there a few teams drafting in the top 10 including the Jets “are fully aware of the Patriots’ affinity for [Baker] Mayfield.”
- Penn State WR DaeSean Hamilton met with Patriots WRs coach Chad O’Shea at his pro day. (Zack Cox)
- LSU RB Derrius Guice is scheduled to take an official visit and meet the Patriots. (Jon Ledyard)