Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald runs down the Dolphins’ and looks at which players are in the best position to secure roster spots this summer.
- Jackson considers Jordan Phillips, Davon Godchaux, and Akeem Spence to be locks to make the Dolphins’ roster at defensive tackle with Vincent Taylor likely to make the team as well.
- At defensive end, Jackson lists Cameron Wake, Robert Quinn, Charles Harris, Andre Branch, and William Hayes to be locks for the 53-man roster while Cameron Malveaux, Jonathan Woodard, Quincy Redmon and Claudy Mathieu competing for roster spots.
- Jackson has Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan, and Jerome Baker as the three locks at linebacker and Stephone Anthony in good position to secure a job.
- The safety position should include Reshad Jones, Minkah Fitzpatrick, T.J. McDonald and possibly Walt Aikens, according to Jackson.
- Jackson’s views Xavien Howard, Bobby McCain, and Cordrea Tankersley as the three locks at cornerback and Tony Lippett likely to make the team. This leaves Cornell Armstrong, Jalen Davis, Torry McTyer, Tracy Howard, Taveze Calhoun and Jordan Lucas to fight for jobs this summer.
“When he visited the Jets, they pretty much said ‘you’re our guy if you’re there,’” Mills said, via Newsday.
Brandt asked if they expected the Jets to take Mayfield at No. 3, to which Mills said: “We knew that was the bottom line.”
“The Patriots are willing to adjust Gronkowski’s contract for at least a year,” Rapoport said on “Up to the Minute” Monday. “They never do extensions two years out, but they are at least open to taking a look at Gronkowski’s deal and giving him some more money which he no doubt deserves.
“He has stayed away from the Patriots, which is believed to be related to his contract. When they do come up with a new deal or part of a new deal, Gronkowski will in fact probably show up.”
- Peter King is the latest to report that while there had been buzz in the lead up to this year’s draft about the Patriots taking LB Rashaan Evans, New England had no plans to draft him at No. 23 overall.
- King says that the Patriots did like Arkansas OL Frank Ragnow a lot, but they managed to come away with Isaiah Wynn.
- Albert Breer has heard that Leighton Vander Esch would’ve been in play at No. 23 for the Patriots and CB Jaire Alexander at No. 31 overall, but both were gone.