Home Bills AFC East Rumors: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots
- Following the Bills trade with the Bengals that sent LT Cordy Glenn to Cincinnati (NFLTR), Ian Rapoport says he’d be surprised if Buffalo doesn’t end up in the top 10 or even top-5 picks when all is said and done.
- Rapoport adds that the Bills are clearly on the move for a quarterback and everyone will be calling.
- Sal Capaccio takes a look at five offensive free agents who could make sense for the Bills to consider this offseason.
- Capaccio’s list includes 1) WR Paul Richardson, 2) TE Trey Burton, 3) G Andrew Norwell, 4) G Alex Boone and 5) OT Chris Hubbard.
- Bills free agent WR Jordan Matthews mentioned during an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio that he underwent two surgeries this offseason: “Had two surgeries this off-season on my ankle and knee. I think people will go back to my tape with the Eagles and know that I was trending as a #1 WR before all the injuries.“
- Rich Cimini expects the Jets to show interest in Giants free agent C Weston Richburg.
- Cimini also hears the Jets are still interested in re-signing Morris Claiborne, Demario Davis, Chandler Catanzaro, Ben Ijalana and Mike Pennel if the price is right.
- According to Connor Hughes, the Jets haven’t budged from their two-year, $8 million offer to TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins that has been on the table since the end of the season.
- Hughes adds that there’s still interest on both sides to get something done, but it sounds like Seferian-Jenkins will hit free agency.
- According to Calvin Watkins, the Jets are willing to offer free agent ILB Demario Davis $3-4 million per year as part of a long-term contract, but he’s reportedly seeking $8-10 million annually.
- Ian Rapoport reports that while Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski’s status may still be officially up in the air, he’s spent time working out at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center at Gillette.
- Rapoport adds that this is just another good sign that he’ll be back in New England for the 2018 season, despite the fact that he’s considering retirement.
- While Patriots LB Marquis Flowers recently said on Twitter that he would like to return to the Patriots, Doug Kyed reports that multiple teams have expressed serious interest in him.
- According to Kyed, it sounds like a deal between OT LaAdrian Waddle and the Patriots probably won’t get done before Wednesday and he’ll likely to test the free agent market.