According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Bengals WR Tyler Boyd‘s four-year extension incudes:
- $7 million signing bonus
- $2 million reporting bonus
- $2 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the 2020 league year
- Annual $200,000 workout bonuses.
- Annual per-game bonuses totaling up to $250,000
- Base salaries: $2.03 million (2019), $4.2 million (2020), $8 million (2021), $8.25 million (2022), $8.45 million (2023).
- While Browns second-round CB Greedy Williams worked with the first-team during minicamp in June, the Akron Beacon-Journal’s Nate Ulrich reports CB Terrance Mitchell was the No. 2 corner when training camp started Thursday.
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens said of Williams: “He’s not just gonna get handed the job. Mitchell and (T.J.) Carrie aren’t going away.” (Scott Petrak)
- Kitchens said RB Kareem Hunt should be able to practice in the coming days. (Ulrich)
- According to ESPN’s Jamison Hensley, Ravens OT Orlando Brown and G Jermaine Eluemunor didn’t pass their first conditioning tests and were unavailable for the start of training camp.
- In their place, Ravens OL James Hurst slotted in at right tackle and fourth-round rookie Ben Powers started at left guard.
- The Ravens haven’t put a timetable on first-round WR Marquise Brown‘s return, though they expect him back soon. (Hensley)
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said Brown hasn’t suffered any setbacks and the team hopes he’ll be able to cut without pain in order to play this preseason. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh also noted LB Shane Ray failed his conditioning test. (Zrebiec)
- According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, Steelers CB Artie Burns feels good about his chances of making the team.
- Burns has been a widely-speculated cut because of an $800,000 bonus due on the Steelers third day of training camp. Pittsburgh reported Thursday.
- Steelers CB Mike Hilton reported to training camp and signed his exclusive rights free agent tender. Hilton had has asked for a long-term deal from the team. (Fowler)
- Mike Tomlin told reporters that his new one-year extension includes an option for a second. (Mark Kaboly)