- Bengals player personnel director Duke Tobin said they anticipate TE Tyler Eifert generating a decent amount of interest this offseason: “My guess is there will be interest around the league in Tyler Eifert because when he’s on the field, he’s a difference-maker. But we’ll see as it goes as to what that interest level is and what Tyler’s thoughts are. That will matter as much as anything.” (Katherine Terrell)
Browns GM John Dorsey told reporters at the Combine that he’s open to everything including trading the No. 1 overall pick.
“There’s a lot of things I can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said (NFLTR). “My door is wide open if somebody wants to come up and talk to me about a trade, I’m willing to trade. But also I’m going to do what’s best for this organization, and I will do that.”
- Browns HC Hue Jackson said of Joe Thomas and whether he’ll be returning for the 2018 season: “I’ve talked to Joe Thomas several times and I think Joe is going to make a decision, hopefully, fairly soon here. But, again, it’s on his time.” (James Palmer)
- Jackson said of WR Josh Gordon: “We want Josh Gordon to be a Cleveland Brown for a long time.” (Marc Sessler)
- Browns GM John Dorsey said he talked to DT Danny Shelton‘s agent regarding picking up his fifth-year option. However, Dorsey declined to say if they’ll be doing so in the coming months. (Scott Petrak)
- According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Steelers are “considering all options” with RB Le’Veon Bell‘s contract situation, including a long-term extension.
- Fowler adds that there has been “no major traction” towards an agreement, while the NFL Combine will enable more contract talks.
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said they’re in midst of conversations with free agent RB Le’Veon Bell and they’re hoping to get a deal done before the March 6 franchise tag deadline. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Colbert wouldn’t say they’re “close” to a deal with Bell, but they’re “optimistic that we can find common ground.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)