- Per Geoff Hobson, Bengals GM Duke Tobin says the team would also like to sign WR A.J. Green to an extension following the new deal for Tyler Boyd: “We’d like to get them both done.”
- Despite the sometimes steep dropoff for wide receivers past the age of 30, Bengals owner Mike Brown isn’t concerned about the 31-year-old Green: “The great ones tend to go longer and I think A.J. is that kind of guy. He’s got plenty left.” (Hobson)
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Ravens FB Patrick Ricard has a good chance at the final roster because of his ability to play defensive line and special teams.
- Zrebiec notes Ravens fourth-round RB Justice Hill will need to prove himself in pass protection before the team relies on him as its third-down back.
- Ravens OL James Hurst is currently projected to start at left guard, but Zrebiec writes the team would prefer for Hurst to be the team’s sixth offensive lineman.
- Zrebiec mentions LB Chris Board took almost all the first-team reps ahead of Kenny Young during minicamp.
- The Ravens will mix and match an assortment of Pernell McPhee, Shane Ray, Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser across from LB Matt Judon, per Zrebiec.
- The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly thinks QB Mason Rudolph might have the edge for the backup spot ahead of Josh Dobbs.
- Kaboly notes that while Steelers CB Mike Hilton would like a new deal, the team has control the next two years as he’s an exclusive rights free agent this year and will be a restricted free agent next year.
- He adds the Steelers might view Hilton’s lack of size as a negative toward a longer-term extension.
- Kaboly mentions the Steelers could trade K Chris Boswell to the Bears.
- Steelers LB Vince Williams will remain one of the starters at inside linebacker despite the addition of free-agent Mark Barron and first-round rookie Devin Bush, though he’ll see fewer snaps on passing downs.
- Kaboly says Steelers DC Keith Butler is on the hot seat with the addition of assistant Teryl Austin.
- Kaboly writes that Steelers DT Javon Hargrave should receive an extension before the start of the regular season, though Pittsburgh only has around $1 million in space available which will necessitate some restructures.
- Kaboly doesn’t think extending CB Joe Haden is a priority for the team.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!