- Field Yates reports that the Bengals are hiring Houston TEs coach James Casey to the same position and Union College OC Ben Martin as their assistant OL coach.
- Tom Pelissero of NFL Media confirms that the Bengals will hire Brian Callahan as their offensive coordinator and retain Darren Simmons as special teams coordinator.
- Sources have told Ralph Vacchiano of SNY that impending free agent RB Le’Veon Bell prefers to play for the Colts.
- However, there has been no indication that Indianapolis is interested in Bell and the recent comments from GM Chris Ballard imply they won’t be looking to make a big-splash signing unless it’s deemed to be a perfect fit.
- Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic writes that the Ravens need to add “two, if not three receivers” this offseason. However, he questions whether free agents are going to be interested in Baltimore, given their run-heavy offense.
- Based on the recent comments made by GM Eric DeCosta, Zrebiec gets the impression they could consider adding one or two starting-caliber offensive linemen this offseason.
- Zrebiec wonders if the Ravens could aggressively shop veteran CB Jimmy Smith in trade talks if they actually plan to release him this offseason. Although, Zrebiec is skeptical that there would be a trade market for Smith at his current price.